Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hallowe'en Spirits


It's been awhile since I've shared a cocktail recipe. And I think that this one is especially appropriate for the upcoming holiday. It's a devil of a drink, sweet and sour upon first sip, with a heat that slowly builds in your mouth and on your lips that just makes you want another sip...and then another. Before you know it you're gulping down martini number two. Honestly, you should stop right there, because as we know (some of us all too well)....

Martinis are like breasts--one is not enough and three are too many.

Orange Stinger Martini

Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 martini

Ingredients:

2 jalapeno slices
2 shots (about 1 1/2 ounces each) Absolute Mandarin
1 shot Patron Citronge (or other orange liquor)
1 shot freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 large pinch sugar

Preparation:

1. Muddle the jalapeno slices in a cocktail shaker to release all the spicy juices.

2. Add 2 handfuls of ice, and the rest of the ingredients.

3. Cover and shake well, until martini is thoroughly chilled.

4. Rub the rim of a martini glass with a slice of lemon and dip in a plate that's been coated with sugar. Strain martini into the glass and garnish with another slice of jalapeno if desired.

Cheers!

4 comments:

TMH said...

Oh how I wish I had the ingredients for this in my desk drawer here at work! Like, right now! I can't wait to try this on the appointed day.

Denise Michaels - Adventurous Foodie said...

This is really creative. Would be perfect at a cocktail party as the special cocktail for the evening. I think it'd really be a startling surprise. Most people think of a beverage as cooling and putting out the fire - and this just fires up the flames more.

Have one more meeting with a client this afternoon and then I'll drive over to the spirits shop to get the ingredients.

Alison said...

Hope you enjoy! Cheers!

Ann said...

I love icy spicy drinks. Hallowe'en has somehow slipped through my fingers but I'm guessing it's never too late for this cocktail!