Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm Hongry!


I have a running joke with a girlfriend where she asks me how I'm doing and I answer, I'm hongry!!! (in a growly bear voice). That statement is usually spot on as I'm often hungry, famished....starving....and I spend a great deal of time thinking about what I'm going to cook, and more importantly what I'm going to eat--and when!

But real hunger is no joke. And sadly many children in the United States suffer from hunger and lack of nutrition every! single! day! As you can imagine, this causes parents horrible worry and stress, and makes everything harder for the kids, not the least of which is concentrating on learning.

This week, in an effort to help curb childhood hunger in America I, along with dozens of other food bloggers, will be participating in Share Our Holiday Table. This is an innovative virtual, progressive dinner and fundraiser featuring a delicious 5 course meal with gourmet, family friendly, vegetarian and gluten free recipes. I encourage you to visit their website and make a donation to this worthy cause...to literally put your money where your mouth is.

Below are links to the first two days of our virtual party. I think you will find many fantastic recipes you can include in your own holiday parties this year. My recipe for a "gourmet soup" will be included on Thursday so don't forget to check back!

December 6: Appetizers

Gourmet

Family Friendly

Vegetarian

Gluten Free

December 7: Drinks

Gourmet

Family Friendly

Vegetarian

Gluten Free

2 comments:

Ann said...

What a lovely idea! I can't wait to see your soup recipe. Thank you for sharing!

Theresa said...

absolutely wonderful! I'm really looking forward to seeing all the wonderful recipes and do my part to end hunger.