Hey all! I am the happy recipient of my very first "blog award" given to me by Jessi over at the Juici Life. Please check out her very cute, stream-of-consciousness blog about anything and everything. (She has some great recipes too.)
Here are the rules for this award...
1. Thank the award giver.
Thank you Jessi!!
2. Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using 5 words.
I heart food. A lot.
3. Share the love with 10 other blogs.
The following are some of my very favorite bloggers...in no particular order:
1. Diary of a Locavore-Elspeth lives in Cape Cod and lives la vida locavore. She also has a local radio show and writes for several publications including Edible Cape Cod. Her writing style reminds me a bit of Molly over at Orangette (another great blog, by the way).
2. That's Not What the Recipe Says- Laurie also lives in Cape Cod and makes wonderful food with her hubby (fondly known as the Kitchen Genius or KG). She writes for the Cape Cod Times and other publications when she is not cleaning out her chicken coop.
3. Starving off the Land- Tamar moved from the big city to live off the land in Cape Cod (yes, I know another one...). Her blog details something she has grown, hunted or gathered each day. Sometimes she shares recipes...other times hilarious vignettes about her efforts to grow/hunt/gather her food.
4. Cold Antler Farm-Jenna is a young lady (I can say that because she is in her twenties and I'm in my thirties) who literally bought the farm and is working it all by herself. Her funny, insightful blog shares the ups and downs of being a full-time farmer...with a full-time job.
5. Ann Mah-Ann and I went to college together. Now she lives and writes in Paris (poor thing...). Her blog takes you on a culinary tour of mostly France, and her pictures of food, the local markets, and the countryside make me green with envy. Her first novel, Kitchen Chinese, was published earlier this year.
6. Apples and Butter-Jessica has a fun food blog, with yummy recipes and gorgeous photos of things she cooks up for her boyfriend and herself in sunny, Southern California.
6. Kiss My Spatula-G lives in the bay area and takes the most mouthwatering, big, rich photos that can only be described as food porn, to accompany her fantastic recipes. For fun, she shares "music pairing" ideas.
8. Angry Chicken-Amy Karol proves that sewing isn't just for grannies with her fun, stylish patterns that will make you wish you sewed...and maybe even inspire you to learn how.
9. Bluebirdbaby- Maine-based photographer, Erin, shares her pictures, her home, her recipes, her crafts, and much more on her lovely and inspiring blog.
10. Heather Bullard-Heather, senior editor of Flea Market Style, shares her decorating tips, (gorgeously styled) photos from her home and many antiquing expeditions, and the occasional recipe too on her picture perfect blog.
Well that about wraps it up....I could go on all day as there are SO MANY great blogs out there! Hope you go visit those I linked to and enjoy them as much as I do! Have a fantastic weekend!