It's amazing what happens to time. I thought things could get back to normal, like how it was before I was working so much. I expected that hours would unfold before me and my days would be filled with productive and fulfilling home-keeping activities (closet organization, anyone?). But instead, those hours have vaporized and I feel as busy as before--and who wants to clean closets anyway?
Instead, I've been reading books, gardening, cooking and actually enjoying my food rather than worrying about documenting and photographing every last step, and as usual, shuttling my children to their ever present afternoon activities. It's been an adjustment, for sure, but one that I'm learning to embrace. And I thank you for your patience as I navigate this new normal for me and my family.
Today, I have no original recipe to share, but instead want to share some things I have been enjoying in the past few weeks....
- You must try this honey lemon glazed chicken. You may never roast chicken any other way again. Read the accompanying article if you have time....and if you know Piero Incisa della Rocchetta and can introduce me to this man, please let me know.
- These cookie bars are to. die. for. The recipe makes a huge pan of them, so we were able to enjoy them all week. Swoon.
- I've been planting my summer garden this past week and cannot wait to sink my teeth into a fresh, homegrown tomato still warm from the sun. Check out this amazing heirloom seed company called Baker Creek. Their story is fantastic and their fruit and vegetable varieties are unusual and wonderful.
- I just finished this book. It's a bit racy...okay, a lot racy, but the story is fascinating and it's TRUE. The author also has a blog (she recently showed photos of her raised garden bed).
- Can't get this song out of my head. I love this quirky, country girl band--and so does my daughter.
- And finally, this lip balm is the bomb. I should buy it by the case. It's so soft and moist and gives your lips the faintest tinge of pink.