Thursday, June 4, 2009

Getting Closer Still...

This......week......is....blessedly........almost........over..................And what a week it was. Three class parties, two class plays, two musical concerts, plus baseball playoffs, volunteering in the canteen at the baseball field, piano and all that other crazy stuff we usually do.

This is my 5th grader playing Ben Franklin. He sang a solo and did a bang-up job! He's such a bright and fearless boy...


Today, I sprung out of bed at the crack of dawn (not really, but it was early) and made my last lunches of the school year. Luckily, I only had to make two, because my 5th grader had a walking field trip to In & Out Burger with his class, which I joined in on, much to the chagrin of my annoyed pre-teen. But I am room mom, and my presence was requested by the teacher (much to my chagrin). My day also included removing every non-heavy object from the floors of the bedrooms (carpet cleaning time), watching my daughter's music concert and planning for and attending two class parties, complete with outdoor games. Balloon toss anyone?


When I showed up to my youngest son's class for his party, his teacher had them all doing their math workbooks...on the day before the last day of school. Hilarious really, and what's even more funny is that is was her way of "getting some peace and quiet." And there they were, very quietly working away...on the day before the last day of school....doing math....did I mention that already? This time of year, everybody needs a break. Even teachers. Especially teachers. My kids had some amazing ones this year and we are so very grateful for their efforts!


This afternoon, after I returned home from my full day at school, I staggered into my room, climbed up on my bed-which was surrounded by a moat of clean, wet carpet-and fell asleep immediately for a well-deserved nap. I am that tired.


Somehow, I managed to pull it together for dinner. I made Chinese Long Beans with Ground Szechuan Pork and Eggplants. Have you tried long beans before? They are the longest green beans you have ever seen, and are quite delicious too. Maybe I'll post the recipe, complete with more photos tomorrow. But right now, I'm going to take a bath.

No comments: